14 Interesting Facts About The Centennial State
Colorado is known as the Centennial State and here are some interesting facts you should know about our state and what makes it different and unique.
1. The state of Colorado has 75% of the land rising over 10,000 feet located in United States.
2. The State Flower of Colorado is the Columbine.
3. Colorado has the highest paved road in North America which climbs up to 14,258 feet above sea level.
4. The only state in history to turn down the Olympics is Colorado in 1976.
5. The longest continuous street in America is Colfax Avenue located in Denver.
6. After being inspired by the Pikes Peak landscape, Katherine Lee Bates wrote “America the Beautiful” book.
7. Great Sand Dunes National Monument held the the tallest sand dune in America with 750 feet from sea level.
8. Located in Clear Creek & Summit counties is the Dwight Eisenhower Memorial Tunnel, the highest auto tunnel in the world with an elevation of 11,000 feet.
9. The city of Denver claims to be the inventor of the cheeseburger.
10. The first license plate on a car in the United States was issued in Denver in 1908.
11. More than 1/3 of the land in Colorado is owned by United States Federal Government.
12. In July 4th, 1869 was held the first Rodeo in the world in Deer Trail, Colorado.
13. The Royal Gorge near Canon City is the highest suspension bridge in the world with a height of 1,053 feet.
14. Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains (Colorado & Utah), lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world.
Let Impressions Group Boost Your Business Online
If you like this blog, talk to the team at Impressions Group about how to get more out of your web content or social media pages. Let your company stand out amongst the rest and make a worldwide web impression, with Impressions Group Marketing.