Ice Fishing Anyone? Rocky Mountains Centennial Celebration
Rocky Mountain National Park is the most visited attraction in Colorado and this year it turned 100! It all started in January of 1915, when Woodrow Wilson signed the act that included Rocky Mountain into the national park family.
The National Park organization is planning a full year loaded of different types of activities to celebrate the Rocky Mountain Centennial Anniversary.
- The annual Grand Lake Catch and Release Ice Fishing Contest that will be taking place starting today March 6th and all weekend until March 8th. To celebrate the centennial, there will be a $100 prize for the 100th fish caught.
- Activities continue next month: April 27th at 7 pm the “Pioneers of the Peaks: Local Climbers Who Made History” at the Estes Park Museum will take the spotlight.
- Enjoy a Centennial Exhibit that highlights the history of the development of the west side of the park, including historic narratives, memoirs, photos and other artifacts from May 23rd to September 4th at the Kauffman House Museum.
- From June 6th to June 13th at 7pm, explore chemical mysteries found in Colorado’s High Country at the park’s Beaver Meadows Visitor Center with “Rocky Mountain Molecules, Chemical Storylines of Wonder”
- Rooftop Rodeo at Estes Park -one of the best mall rodeos in the country-, with mutton bustin’ and other pro rodeo performances from July 7th to July 12th.
- During August the “Music of the Mountains: Centennial After-the-Show Cabaret” in the Rocky Mountain Repertory Theater in Grand Lake will take the stage.
- From September 17th to September 28th The Rocky Mountain Plein Air Painters will be crafting masterpieces all over the park, eager to talk with visitors and show off their skills.
- … and much much more!
Let Impressions Group Boost Your Business Online
If you like this blog, talk to the team at Impressions Group about how to get more out of your web content or social media pages. Let your company stand out amongst the rest and make a worldwide web impression, with Impressions Group Marketing.