With 6.4 billion smartphone users across the world, it comes to no surprise that almost 70% of users shop through their cell phones instead of a desktop computer or going into a physical store. As a small business, creating mobile friendly content is, therefore, extremely important to your growth and success as a company.
What is Mobile Friendly Content?
Being mobile friendly refers to online content that’s designed to look and work the same way on a cell phone as it does when viewed from a desktop computer. The idea is to make the content enjoyable and easy to read for all smartphone users.
Benefits of Mobile Friendly Content
Creating content that works well on mobile devices can widen your reach to customers that wouldn’t normally walk by your store. With US adults spending an average of three hours each day on their mobile devices, you can capture and maintain the attention of millions of more people by having a mobile friendly website. When your website works well on smartphones, it will enhance the user experience and help you to build a stronger, more engaged audience.
How to Make Your Website Mobile Friendly
Here are some great ways to optimize your online content for mobile phone users:
- Make your website responsive so it loads quickly
- Avoid using lots of ads and pop-ups
- Keep the design simple and sophisticated
- Avoid large blocks of text, and instead, split them up with images
- Make the navigation bars easy to use
- Use larger font sizes so they are easier to read on a small smartphone
- Ensure buttons are large enough to press on using a mobile device