Google My Business is important for local SEO, but you might be wondering why. Just think of the phrase “Just Google it!” being used countless times. Due to search engines, information can be found in a matter of seconds in the digital age.
As a business owner, if you want to take advantage of the 75,000 Google searches each second to reach potential customers, Google My Business is the name of the game.
Are you looking for ways to improve Google My Business ranking but aren’t sure how to do it? We’ve got you covered!
How to Improve Google My Business Ranking
For many reasons, setting up a Google My Business profile can assist your business in standing out from the crowd, building customer loyalty, and increasing traffic and revenue. In simple words, GMB listing will make your business more accessible and visible to local customers — thanks to Google Maps. However, you can’t merely post a listing and expect to gain all of these benefits. Your listing must also perform well in search engine results:
- Complete all of the information requested by Google: Remember that anyone (including competitors) can make changes to your GMB profile. Therefore, it is necessary to log into your GMB regularly to ensure that everything is accurate and updated.
- Make use of Google posts to get noticed: They are basically mini advertisements to share products and services with your audience without competing for ad space.
- Take advantage of Google reviews to improve your local rankings: Online customer reviews prove authority and trustworthiness.
- GMB provides free Google Maps integration, resulting in better mobile optimization: It is easier for customers to discover your business on the most extensively used navigation app, Google Maps.
- Display high-quality photos to increase your ranking on GMB: Humans are visual creatures, and showcasing your business visually to your customers allows you to humanize your brand.
- Q&A allows Google to crowdsource information: This way, people searching on the go will have quick access to the most relevant information about what you do and how you can help them.
Many people rely solely on Google to conduct their internet activities; this is why Google My Business (GMB) is rapidly becoming a necessary SEO tool for local businesses. So, to recap, why is it essential to improve Google My Business ranking? If you want to take advantage of the lucrative local market, you need to use this popular platform. Not prioritizing it would be a bad idea.