Succeed in the Digital World
SEO stands for search engine optimization, and it’s the way you make sure your content ranks well on the major search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo! It’s hard to believe SEO has been around since the early days of the internet, but in fact, it was first used in 1994 by Lycos (a search engine at the time) and later adopted by Yahoo! in 1995. Since then, there have been thousands of articles published on SEO and its importance as part of an online marketing strategy — including our own guide to SEO basics.
SEO Can Help to Rank Better
SEO is a long-term marketing strategy employed in order to improve a website’s visibility and organic search results in Google and other global search engines. The goal of SEO is to fill any number of ranking factors that influence where a website appears in search results. Although there are over 200 factors that influence rankings, the most important ones are: relevance, quality, age, and popularity. Relevance is how well your content matches what the user searched for. Quality is about whether your content has good writing, layout, and images. Age refers to how long ago your site was first indexed by Google. Popularity measures how many links point to your site from other sites on the web, as well as social media posts and blog posts written about it.
Tips to Optimize Your Site’s Digital Presence and Relevance
In order to ensure your site is visible and relevant in the digital world, it’s important to optimize your site’s digital presence. Here are a few ways you can do this:
- Do your research and understand what keywords are relevant to your business.
- Use those keywords throughout your website, including in the title, headers, and body of text.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices.
- Make sure your website loads quickly.
- Include calls to action on your website.
- Promote your website through social media and other online channels.
- Regularly update your website with fresh content.